Being in the early childhood education for 17+ years, I’ve gone through my share of children’s book. Reading is such an important component of children’s daily lives. Having stories to read or to be read to are detrimental in early children’s learning. I’ve compiled some of my favorite children’s books of all time that you might enjoy as well. Feel free to comment with your favorite either from my list or from your own favorites.
- Brown Bear Brown Bear What Do You See? This book is one of my ultimate favorites because not only does it show the different animals, but it shows you repetition and a prediction capability for children to engage in. (If you’ve gone through the book like a million times like my little one did, he has it pretty much memorized by now) It enhances children’s ability to memorize after awhile. It also comes with other animal features so here are some of them:
2. Next from my favorite children’s books collections are Eric Carle Books. Eric Carle is a well-known author for children’s book and has some awesome books for children to engage in. HIs books not only have the reader engaged during the whole story, but it also has wonderful illustrations that the kids enjoy. The following are some of my favorite Eric Carle Books:
3. The following two books were very popular among the parents who needed some good bedtime stories to read to their children. It was also adored by the children as well.
4. How about books that focus on the alphabet or numbers. These help children enhance their letter and number acknowledgment and how to correlate them to certain objects.
5. These are some of the colors and shapes books that can help children with their development as well. It’s a great way to enhance their knowledge in coutnign and