Being a mom is a tough job with no pay and not much recognition. It’s one of the toughest jobs in the world tryin got raise descent to good human beings. Moms don’t receive a lot of compliments for all the hard word they put into in order to keep their families safe and well. To all the moms that need to hear some positivity, these are some good ones!
- Successful mothers are not the ones that never struggled. They are the ones that never give up despite the struggles. ~Sharon Jaynes~ It’s through the struggles that we are built to be stronger and stronger.
- There will be so many times you feel like you’ve failed, but in the eyes, hear, and mind of your child, you are super mom. ~Stephanie Precourt~ So many days of struggles, the tears, the hardship seems like it’s all for nothing, but it’s not. Even the times that you doubt yourself and think you might have failed as a mom, you didn’t. Your kids look up to you for who you are and to them, you are the super woman.
- Being a mother is learning about the strength you didn’t know you had and dealing with fears you didn’t know existed. ~Linda Wooten~ Oh boy does this one hit me hard. I’ve never gone through so many anxious moments and fearful emotions being a mom. There were so many events where I never thought I would make it through alive, and here I am alive. I didn’t realize how strong I was until I became a mom. (Hence, I feared spiders, and now I can get them with no problems =))
- It’s not easy being a mother. If it were easy, fathers would do it. ~The Golden Girls~ How true is this one. Most fathers would have a meltdown every single minute/hour if they had to do all the things that mothers had to do. Don’t get me wrong, there are some awesome fathers who can take on the role of a mother, but not all fathers are cut out for that job.
- No language can express the power and beauty and heroism of a mother’s love. ~Edwin Chaplin~ A mother’s love is sometimes unexplainable. It can be something that is felt within your heart or just though a simple expression.
- To describe my mother would be to write about a hurricane in its perfect power. Or the climbing, falling colors of a rainbow. ~ Maya Angelou~ How perfectly is this quote phrased. It’s a mixture of strength and power.
- You’re always going to wonder if you’re doing things wrong but that’s what it means to be a mom, to care so much about someone else, that you just want to be as perfect as possible. ~Naya Rivera~ This is so true in every aspect possible. The late Naya Rivera put it so well, what every mother is thinking. We are constantly in a battle within ourselves trying to figure out the wrong’s were doing and not focusing on the right things we’re doing. There is no perfect mom and we have to all keep that in our minds.
- A mother’s arm’s are more comforting than anyone else’s. ~Princess Diana~ When I was going to postpartum with my first one, I have never hugged my mom or was held in her arms more than ever. No other hug or arms were as graceful, humble, and loving as my own mothers.
- Mama was my greatest teacher, a teacher of compassion, love, and fearlessness. If love is sweet as a flower, then my mother is that sweet flower of love. ~Stevie Wonder~ Mothers are sweet flowers. They are the prettiest and the sweetest among them all in a crowd of anyone. The things that they taught/continue to teach is in no doubt the best.
- Behind all your stories, is always your mother’s story, because here is where yours begins. ~ Mitch Albom~ AMEN! Behind all moms, are the mothers who created those moms. Each person’s story starts with their own moms since they gave birth to you and they are the beginning of your everlasting stories.
I know that days seem long and it seems challenging, but the reward you get being called a mom and the efforts you made in raising those kids, will be everlasting. It’s a lifetime experience filled with joy, laughter, and tears that will all be worth it. Cheers to motherhood!